So. I learned the basic crochet chain and simple stitches last night. I never envisioned myself crocheting, so big pat on the back. My concern was that I wouldn't be able to sit still long enough to make anything ever. I haven't started a project because I'm still practicing, but my goal is to make a scarf for ATM. Or a pot-holder. It was lovely to sit around with my lady friends on a rainy evening (on the best porch in town) and chat and crochet. Not knit. There is a difference, btw. I never knew! My work is still a little 'meh', but I just started yesterday. I hope to get better before I doom ATM to shitty scarfdom.
We decided, last minute, to go camping this weekend. This is our getting back to AMD/ATM basics. Time to recalibrate. I want our return to the woods to be perfect, so I worked up a menu that is perfect summertime goodness, but still complies with the self-improvement plan. Easy! I made a corn salad that is so. good. Cantaloupe. Yogurt. Portabella mushroom 'burgers' with garlic-basil aioli. Dark chocolate for the sweet tooth. For breakfast, eggs & bacon on an english muffin. I can't wait to eat and nap (and crochet?) in the woods.
SOLO time:
2 comments:
That corn salad looks so yummy.
Solo + yarn = my belly aches from laughing.
And knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting
(and I know you mentioned there's a difference between crocheting and knitting but there aren't any good crocheting references that I know of)
Post a Comment